Monday, April 13, 2009

The journey always begins with the 1st step

Something's gotta give. I am tired of sulking about not being in shape, so today as I stepped on the scale, I got the scare of my life. So now, I have to get serious.

I don't want to make any unrealistic goals, like become a hard body like Jillian Michaels, but I must commit to drop at least 45 pounds before the end of the year.

So today that's my goal. I will maintain this journal as a reminder of what I want to see in the next 8 months.

Meanwhile, I'm off to a positive start. Salad for lunch. Stir fry for dinner with another salad. Nothing to eat since. And the most startling, I haven't had a single piece of chocolate despite the fact that yesterday was Easter and there is about 6.75 pounds of it in the house.

Tomorrow:
starting exercising
drink more water
eliminate carbs slowly
eat more fruits and veggies
stop snacking on junk
start a food journa
enlist support

Today:
go to bed smiling

No comments:

Post a Comment